Although as of March 12th, 2020 there were no confirmed Covid-19 cases in the BVI we want to make sure that our guests and crew continue to enjoy their time on board with us.
Having reviewed the general notices we’ve seen from travel related businesses like rental car companies and airlines, as well as public places such as government offices, and notices posted outside grocery stores, here are the guidelines that we have put in place.
Our amazing crew have always been very proactive as many of our previous guests will happily attest, but as a precaution they are being instructed to do the following:
- Enhance our cleaning practices of all areas, particularly frequently touched objects & surfaces.
For us this means specifically that as well as the usual practices, dive masks & snorkels will cleaned multiple times daily using Dettol, a product that is listed as effective at killing the virus.
- Sanitizing products (i.e., wipes & alcohol-based hand sanitizer) are to be very widely and publicly available.
- Wash their hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. Make a habit of doing this at least once an hour, in addition to the usual rules of before & after handling food & dishwares and using the restroom.
- Avoid touching their eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid physical contact with people who are sick... Hugs, hand shaking, etc.
- Cover their cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash, and WASH YOUR HANDS!
- For our guests we will have Dettol available for your use.
- Please remember to use the cubbies and keep your gear separated.